What is the difference between bending angle and dimension?
A bending angle is the rotation angle required to obtain the correct bend shape. Bend radius is the radius of the bend centerline.
For the bending process, the quality of the bending machine depends on the bending angle and dimension. To ensure the desired size and bending angle, we need to pay attention to the following aspects.
(1) The tool alignment of the upper and lower dies is not concentric, which will lead to the bending size error. we should align the upper and lower tools before bending.
(2) the position between sheet metal and die can change and affect the bending size if the back gauge moves. Before bending, it is necessary to re-measure the position distance of the rear stopper.
(3) If the workpiece and the lower die are not parallel, it will cause spring back and affect the bending angle. we should measure and adjust the parallelism before bending.,
(4) When the first bending angle is insufficient, It will affect the next bends. The accumulation of bending error will lead to the increase of bending size and angle error. so it is important to ensure the accuracy of unilateral bending.
5) This V-notch size is inversely proportional to the bending pressure. When we process various thickness plates, it is necessary to select the proper V open size of the lower die. Generally, 6 ~ 8 times the plate thickness is more appropriate.
(6) The top edge of the punch, the V bottom edge of the workpiece, and the lower die should be on the same vertical plane for bends.
(7) The upper die angle should be at 84 degrees to prevent tool clamping during the bends.